Pants of indeterminate age in an ancient apartment in a hogbutcher locale

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

And then there was today.

Pardon the interruption.

I had to kick my roommate out today for not paying his rent. Not literally. I mean, not even the figurative literal meaning. What I mean is, I informed him in fairly blunt words that he needed to spend this week looking for another apartment because he won't be living in mine come September.

And then I spent the day at work worrying about whether he might be trashing my place or kicking my cats or whatever. And then I came home (cats and place OK) and spent the evening making up flyers to post for a new roommate.

I hate having to be the bad guy. Even though I'm really not the bad guy at all here.

As terrified as I am about how I'm going to pay the rent in September, though, I feel immensely relieved at finally having made the decision to get him out of my home. Who needs to live with that stress?

I think I'm going to sleep pretty well tonight.

PS:
Finally got around to adding a permanent link to the Orders page over on the menu to the right. It's updated as of tonight.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Helena Handbag said...

Hiya, Pants-

I got my bracelet today; it is beautiful and it's a wonderful way to keep the things that are really important right there at the top of my consciousness. Thanks so much for launching into such a meaningful project. You clearly have the energy of 10 women.

Good job kicking out the freeloader; that's not an easy thing to do. Hope you're able to find peace and relaxation - and a good roommate!

5:14 PM

 
Blogger Barbara said...

Put a listing on craigslist.com..free and you can ramble about exactly what type or roomate you want!

Love the bracelet...

6:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home