Pants of indeterminate age in an ancient apartment in a hogbutcher locale

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Postal Service Snafu

Argh!

So, while I was mailing some more packages, I noticed the postal service employee behind the desk was ringing up a price that was significantly different than it was when I mailed the first batch using their automated postal station (basically a kiosk with a scale that weighs your package and spits out a postage sticker).

I asked the clerk about it and she said that the padded envelopes weren't machine readable, so there's an additional fee on them. Of course, it doesn't indicate this anywhere on or in the automated kiosk, nor is there anywhere in the software to allow you to indicate what shape your package is.

The clerk seemed to think that all those packages I mailed using the automated kiosk (the first 20 or so) will either be returned to me, or will arrive COD.

If yours arrives COD, I truly apologize. I put the postage on it that the kiosk said it needed. It shouldn't be more than about 10 cents.

If it gets returned to me, I'll e-mail you and get it back in the mail the next day.

I'll e-mail everyone whose packages went out that day a heads up tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

I'm not certain how you are doing all of this yourself, but you are doing an amazing job.

I just received my bracelet (in Oceanside, CA) yesterday...it is absolutely stunning, so simple and elegant and I feel an energy about it that is eiry....I believe you have captured the soul of those lost...

I have taken the liberty to talk about your bracelet on our new little blog for southern California: scblues.blogspot.com

Thank you again, for your hard work and dedication and more importantly the love you obviously put into these!

In Peace
Barbara

9:06 PM

 
Blogger Barbara*in*Seattle said...

My braclet arrived just fine. I think some one was doing a little "ad libbing".

Thanks so much. I don't wear jewelery at all except for the necklace my boyfriend gave me, but I wear the bracelet.

Thank you.

Another Barbara in Seattle

11:55 PM

 
Blogger Barbara*in*Seattle said...

My braclet arrived just fine. I think some one was doing a little "ad libbing".

Thanks so much. I don't wear jewelery at all except for the necklace my boyfriend gave me, but I wear the bracelet.

Thank you.

Barbara in Seattle

11:56 PM

 
Blogger Barbara*in*Seattle said...

Oh, it double posted. So sorry.

11:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home